Beginners series. How to play backgammon.
At Deluxe Backgammon we have put together a number of playing guides that will help you enjoy your quality backgammon set. We thought we would provide a single post with all of the available guides in one place. These guides should be useful for beginners and intermediate players. If you have a premium backgammon set and you want to improve the standard of your play start with these guides.
- Backgammon Rules.
- Beginners FAQ.
- Udemy free online course: Learn How to Play Backgammon in No Time At All.
- How to play backgammon.
- How to start a game of backgammon.
- Opening moves.
- Replies to the opening moves.
- Playing backgammon without fear.
- The importance of the five points.
- Bearing off strategies.
- Backgammon blitz.
- Backgammon rules of thumb.
- Tips for beginners.
- Backgammon basics: the pip count.
- The greatest myths of backgammon.
- Bearing off against a checker on the bar.
- Bearing off against checkers in your home board
- A closer look at backgammon probability.
- Common mistakes.
- Intermediate tips.
- Flexibility or ‘creating your own luck’.
- Opening strategy.
- Doubling cube basics.
- Timing in backgammon.
- Making sacrifices for good positions.
- Backgammon – the six prime.
- How to use the doubling cube.
- Backgammon is the perfect blend of strategy and luck.
Please Contact us to request additional information or to request a specific guide.